Marijuana abuse and addictions have become more and more common in Ontario and throughout Canada. Newgate 180 is a trusted addiction rehab centre with nearly 50 years of experience successfully treating individuals with drug addiction including
We’re here to help you overcome your marijuana addiction so you can lead a full, happy life. Hope is just a click away, so contact us today for affordable, expert help to treat your marijuana addiction.
The Top Choice for Proven Individual Marijuana Addiction Treatment Programs
Newgate 180 is an industry-leading marijuana addiction rehab centre that welcomes clients from across Canada, the U.S., and even Europe and Australia. We don’t just treat your marijuana addiction; we help you improve mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
With a long, distinguished history of success, there are many reasons to choose Newgate 180:
- We will stay by your side for a full year. Our 30-day residential program is followed by 11 months of ongoing care. Our ongoing care program is offered by Skype and telephone, so we can support you no matter where “home” may be for you.
- You can access our services immediately; in many cases we can admit a client within 24 hours.
- We offer a comprehensive, holistic approach to care.
- We offer both individual and group counselling sessions to our clients.
- We have extensive therapy and treatment options, including art therapy, meditation, yoga, fitness training, leisure/recreation, healthy eating coaching, acupuncture, reiki, and exposure to self-help groups.
- We offer a combination of gender-specific and co-ed programming and welcome both men and women into our program, and have two separate facilities.
- We offer both private (single occupancy) or semi-private (double occupancy) rooms.
- We believe that having both genders enriches many of the therapeutic groups. We also recognize that certain topics are most effectively dealt with in “men only” and “women only” groups.
- We work with families to help them understand addiction and offer guidance on how to support a loved one who is in recovery. We know that addiction affects the whole family and we want to help heal unhealthy dynamics, rebuild trust and ensure all parties have the support they need. We offer a unique family program consisting of weekly group sessions, educational events and support throughout the year.
- Our main facility is located on the river in the town of Merrickville. The natural beauty of the river, trees, and gardens creates a peaceful and inviting setting.
- Our men’s and women’s residences have a comfortable, welcoming, ‘non-institutional’ feel that for many make Newgate feel more like a home than a treatment centre.
At-Work Marijuana Rehab Programs for Ontario Employers
Marijuana has become a common topic in everyday life and with Canada legalizing marijuana in 2018, instances of marijuana use and abuse in the workplace is becoming more and more common. Newgate 180 works with countless companies, unions, and organizations to help their employees to overcome marijuana addiction.
We provide resources, workshops, and advice to groups throughout Ontario and even nation-wide. You can trust Newgate 180 to help your organization overcome marijuana addiction issues with our at-work programs. We have a proven track record of helping companies and their staff beat addictions and we can do the same for you.
Is Marijuana Addictive?
It is generally accepted that addiction to any substance, like marijuana, is not caused by a single factor, but rather by a combination of genetic and environmental influences.
There is a common misconception that marijuana is not actually addictive. An increase in marijuana use can be triggered by a variety of factors: stress, mental health issues, problems at work, relationship difficulties, loss, and so on. The bottom line is if there are problems in your life – or your loved one’s life – due to the use of marijuana, now is the time to act.
What is Marijuana Addiction?
If you are reading this, chances are that you or someone you care about has a problem with marijuana.
Some of the common warning signs include:
- Needing to use marijuana to relax or relieve stress
- Feeling a general lack of motivation
- Needing to use more marijuana than before to feel the effects
- Loss of control over how much or how often you use
- Experiencing anxiety, depression and irritability when you’re not using
- Loss of interest and pleasure in other activities
- Missing work, school or other important obligations
How Do I Know I Have a Problem With Marijuana?
You need more and more marijuana to feel the effects. You notice that you are using more often than you meant to. You feel a general lack of motivation and activities you previously enjoyed no longer bring you pleasure. You are spending too much time seeking and using marijuana, and spending too much money on it. You are neglecting other important aspects of your life. These are just some of many signs that marijuana use is becoming a problem in your life.
Other possible signs of marijuana abuse include:
- You have been unable to stop using or cut back despite honest attempts
- You are having difficulty meeting day-to-day responsibilities
- Your attendance and/or performance at work are declining
- You are having problems in your relationships related to your use of marijuana
- You have an increased need for privacy. You feel resentful and defensive when loved ones express concern about you
- You find yourself using marijuana and driving, or engaging in other risky behaviour
- You are losing control and feel helpless and ashamed, and have no idea how you ended up in this downward spiral
How Newgate 180 Can Help You Overcome Your Marijuana Addiction
By visiting our website you have made the first, and most important step in recovery. Newgate 180 is here to help you immediately. You will not be put on a waitlist – you will be welcomed into our center in a warm supportive may.
To begin, you will complete a comprehensive assessment and your counsellor will develop a treatment plan that’s right for you. We know each client is unique and we do not use a “one size fits all” approach to treatment. We offer a minimum of three individual counselling sessions per week in which you can share whatever’s on your mind.
We will help you address factors that contribute to your use of marijuana. Many people use marijuana as an attempt to deal with stress, anxiety, depression, pain and other conditions. Your individualized treatment plan will help you address such issues, as well as deal with other areas you may be struggling with such as work, relationships, loss, financial difficulties etc.
You will work with a Relapse Prevention Counsellor to develop your own Recovery Plan that will be your personalized “road map” for when you leave Newgate. As you learn, heal and grow at Newgate 180, you will become empowered to take control of your recovery. You will learn to believe in yourself again.
Through our holistic program that includes individual and group counselling, art therapy, AA, yoga, fitness training, leisure/recreation, and proper nutrition, you will learn how to create a life worth living without marijuana.
At Newgate 180 you will rediscover your values and renew your sense of worth. As you become increasingly well mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually, you will discover a renewed sense of meaning and purpose. We don’t just want you to heal – we want you to thrive.
Here for you 24/7.
Get help now.
"*" indicates required fields
Here for you 24/7.
Get help now.
"*" indicates required fields