The #1 Non-Profit Hallucinogen Addiction Rehab Centre Ontario
It may seem like a harmless way to have fun and let loose but it can quickly turn out very dangerous. Hallucinogens are mind-altering drugs that cause negative psychoactive effects when used and abused. Hallucinogen addiction can be a major burden that can take its toll on relationships and affect a person’s sense of reality. Newgate 180 is Ontario’s leading non-profit hallucinogen addiction rehab centre. Our experienced, certified staff have helped countless people overcome hallucinogen addictions and we can do the same for you or your loved one. Contact Newgate 180 today—help is only a click away.
What Are hallucinogens?
The terms “hallucinogen” describes a diverse group of drugs that alter perception, sensation, thoughts, feelings and mood. They cause hallucinations – users may see, hear, taste, smell and feel stimuli that aren’t really there. Some hallucinogens may also cause a sense of disconnection from one’s body. Common hallucinogens include LSD, mescaline, psilocybin, PCP, cannabis, ecstasy, ketamine, salvia and others.
What Is Hallucinogen Addiction?
If you are reading this, chances are that you or someone you care about has a problem with hallucinogen use.
Some of the common warning signs include:
- Needing to use more than before to feel the effects
- Using greater quantities and/or more often than you intended to
- Relying on hallucinogens to alter your mood
- Spending too much money on hallucinogens
- Isolating yourself from family and friends
What Causes Hallucinogen Addiction?
It is generally accepted that addiction to any substance is not caused by a single factor, but rather by a combination of genetic and environmental influences. The bottom line is if there are problems in your life – or your loved one’s life – due to the use of hallucinogens, now is the time to act.
How Do I Know if I’m Addicted to Hallucinogens?
You need more to produce the desired effects and are using more often than you intended to. You rely on hallucinogens to improve your mood and you may feel anxious, depressed and exhausted when you’re not using. You are preoccupied with thoughts of using. You are spending too much time seeking the drug, and spending too much money on it. You are neglecting other important aspects of your life. You may be neglecting your personal appearance and basic self-care. These are just some of
Additional signs of hallucinogen abuse vary considerably depending on the specific drug being used. Other possible signs include:
- You have noticed changes in your mood, appetite and/or sleep pattern
- You feel confused and have difficulty paying attention and concentrating
- You are having difficulty with learning and memory
- You have become secretive and have an increased need for privacy. You feel resentful and defensive when loved ones express concern about you.
- You find yourself using hallucinogens and driving, or engaging in other risky behavior (ex. unsafe sex etc.)
- You may be experiencing psychosis (ex. paranoia and hallucinations)
- You may be experiencing flashbacks, or a “re-experiencing” of drug experiences.
- You are losing control and feel helpless and ashamed, and have no idea how you ended up in this downward spiral.
How Newgate 180 Successfully Treats Hallucinogen Addictions
By coming to our website you have made the first and most important step in recovery. Newgate 180 is here to help you immediately. You will not be put on a waitlist – you will be welcomed into our facility.
To begin, you will complete a comprehensive assessment and your counsellor will develop a treatment plan that’s right for you. We know each client is unique and we do not use a “one size fits all” approach to treatment. We offer a minimum of 2-3 individual counselling sessions per week in which you can share whatever’s on your mind.
We will help you address factors that contribute to your use of hallucinogens. Your individualized treatment plan will have an emphasis on living a balanced life, stress management, coping skills, managing mental health concerns, self-care, and other issues that are relevant to you.
You will work with a Relapse Prevention Counsellor to develop your own Recovery Plan that will be your personalized “road map” for when you leave Newgate. As you learn, heal and grow at Newgate 180, you will become empowered to take control of your recovery. You will learn to believe in yourself.
Through our holistic program that includes individual and group counselling, art therapy, AA and Smart Recovery, yoga, fitness training, leisure/recreation, and proper nutrition, you will learn how to create a life worth living without hallucinogens.
At Newgate 180 you will rediscover your values and develop your sense of worth. As you become increasingly well mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually, you will discover a renewed sense of meaning and purpose. We don’t just want you to heal – we want you to thrive
Reasons to Choose Newgate 180
Newgate 180 is an industry-leading addiction treatment centre that welcomes clients from across Canada, the U.S., and even Europe and Australia. We don’t just treat your addiction; we help you improve mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. With a long, distinguished history of success, there are a lot of reasons to choose Newgate 180:
- We will stay by your side for a full year. Our 30-day residential program is followed by 11 months of ongoing care. Our ongoing care program is offered by Skype and telephone, so we can support you no matter where “home” may be for you.
- You can access our services immediately; in many
caseswe can admit a client within 24 hours.
- Our comprehensive holistic approach.
- Individual and group counselling.
- We have extensive therapy and treatment options, including art therapy, meditation, yoga, fitness training, leisure/recreation, healthy eating coaching, acupuncture and other alternative healing approaches, as well as AA and Smart Recovery.
- We offer a combination of gender-specific and co-ed programming and welcome both men and women into our program, and have two separate facilities.
- Rooms are private (single occupancy) or semi-private (double occupancy).
- We believe that having both genders enriches many of the therapeutic groups. We also recognize that certain topics are most effectively dealt with in “men only” and “women only” groups.
- We work with families to help them understand addiction and offer guidance on how to support a loved one who is in recovery. We know that addiction affects the whole family and we want to help heal unhealthy dynamics, rebuild trust and ensure all parties have the support they need.
- Our main facility is located on the river in the town of Merrickville. The natural beauty of the river, trees, and gardens creates a peaceful and inviting setting.
- Both the men’s and women’s residences have a comfortable, welcoming, ‘non-institutional’ feel that for many make Newgate feel more like a home than a treatment centre.