The core program includes:
- Individual counselling and therapy
- Group therapy
- Educational lectures, activities, and assignments
- Exercise / relaxation / meditation / recreation activities
- Psychological and medical services as appropriate
- Peer support
- Family and couples education, support, and referral
- Workplace support
- Reintegration back into the home and workplace
Life Changing and Life Enhancement Skills
Newgate 180 provides a unique and industry-leading modular approach. Developed through years of working with and listening to the individual stories that have brought our clients to us, we understand the day-to-day issues that cause addiction and relapse. Our modules help our clients find healthier coping strategies and we work with them to incorporate goal setting toward the creation of a personal plan of action.
Our program includes:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self Esteem
- Grief / Loss
- Choices, Spirituality
Addiction Education and Relapse Prevention
Addiction education and relapse prevention make up the core component of our program. Clients engage in a treatment track according to their specific addiction. Nobody intends to become addicted. Understanding the nature of addiction
helps address the shame and guilt so prevalent amongst clients upon entry.
Understanding the relapse process —
relapse is not a random event
The following sessions provide the foundation:
- Identifying and coping with high risk situations
- Coping with urges and cravings
- Learning to create a more balanced lifestyle
- Community services and continuing care
Personal, Physical & Emotional Wellness
The link between a healthy body and a healthy mind is well known. We offer encouragement, education and opportunity
to help clients restore their physical health after years of substance abuse.
Our program includes:
- Emphasis on physical wellness and personal recreation
- Nutritional education
- Dietary support
- Art sessions
- Hatha Yoga
Don’t be alone with your addiction
At Newgate 180 we understand what it’s like to feel alone and powerless when dealing with an addiction. Come and see us and meet with our program professionals…we can help get you started on a path back to a healthy and productive life!
The Newgate 180 Difference
At Newgate 180 there is no long waiting list, in fact in many cases we can accept clients within 24 hours if and when they are ready and willing to begin the process of change.