Gambling addictions are common and not always easy to recognize. What may begin as a small bet can develop into a serious addiction over time that affects you and your loved ones. A gambling addiction can be a major financial burden that can take its toll on relationships and affect a person’s performance at their place of work. Newgate 180 is Ontario’s leading non-profit gambling addiction rehab centre. Our experienced, certified staff have helped countless people overcome gambling addictions and we can do the same for you. Contact Newgate 180 today—help is just a click away.
At-Work Gambling Rehab Programs from Newgate 180
Gambling addictions can cause major issues at any company, union, or other organization. A small, friendly bet with a colleague can turn into a negative situation quickly. Newgate 180 has a proven track record of providing professional guidance and resources to companies, unions, and organizations so they can overcome gambling addictions in the workplace before they affect performance and morale. For professional, proven help with overcoming at-work gambling addictions, contact Newgate 180 today.
Proven Individual Gambling Rehab Programs
Newgate 180 has been helping individuals overcome gambling and other addictions for nearly 50 years. We have a comprehensive approach to treating addictions that includes focusing on the mind, body, and spirit. Our team of experienced, certified staff develops custom gambling addiction treatment programs for all of our clients. Along with individual and group counselling sessions, we also create custom, healthy diets for our clients, offer personalized exercise and fitness programs, and even offer art classes that can be an important part of the recovery process. Contact Newgate 180 today for more information on our proven individual gambling rehab programs.
What is a Gambling Addiction?
If you are reading this, chances are that you or someone you care about has a problem with gambling.
Some of the common warning signs include:
- Being unable to control the urge to gamble, despite the harm it causes
- Losing track of time and gambling for longer than you meant to
- Spending more money than you planned, or more than you can afford
- “Chasing your losses” to try to win back your money
- Using gambling to escape from personal or work problems, and to get relief from anxiety and depression
- Feeling hopeless, helpless, guilty and ashamed of your gambling
What causes a gambling addiction or problem?
It is generally accepted that addiction to gambling is not caused by a single factor, but rather by a combination of genetic and environmental influences.
An increase in gambling can be triggered by a variety of factors: stress, mental health issues, problems at work, relationship difficulties, loss, and so on. The bottom line is, if there are problems in your life – or your loved one’s life – due to gambling, there is a gambling problem. Now is the time to act.
How do I know I have a problem with gambling?
You use gambling as a way to temporarily escape the problems in your life. You lose track of time and gamble for longer than you intend to. You keep gambling to try to regain some of your losses. You convince yourself that ultimately, gambling will pay off. You feel a strong urge to gamble and are often preoccupied with thoughts of gambling – it may feel like the most important thing in your life. You are neglecting other important aspects of your life. These are just some of many signs that gambling is a problem in your life.
Other possible signs of a gambling problem include:
- Lying about your gambling or keeping it a secret
- Experiencing conflicts with family and friends over gambling
- Borrowing money, using household money, or stealing money to gamble
- Neglecting work and family responsibilities because of gambling
- Feeling depressed or angry after gambling
- Believing that gambling will pay off in the end
- You are losing control and feel helpless and ashamed, and have no idea how you ended up in this downward spiral.
How Newgate 180 can Help You Overcome Your Gambling Addiction
By visiting our website you have made the first, and most important step in recovery. Newgate 180 is here to help you immediately. You will not be put on a waitlist – you will be welcomed to our centre in a warm, supportive way.
To begin, you will complete a comprehensive assessment and your counsellor will develop a treatment plan that’s right for you. We know each client is unique and we do not use a “one size fits all” approach to treatment. We offer a minimum of 2-3 individual counselling sessions per week in which you can share whatever’s on your mind.
We will help you address factors that contribute to your gambling. Did you know that a gambling addiction or problem is often associated with substance abuse issues, unmanaged ADHD, stress, depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder? Your individualized treatment plan will help you address such co-occurring issues. Moreover, we will help you put your finances in order, start healing and rebuilding family relationships, and deal with other life problems.
You will work with a Relapse Prevention Counsellor to develop your own Recovery Plan that will be your personalized “road map” for when you leave Newgate. As you learn, heal and grow at Newgate 180, you will become empowered to take control of your recovery. You will learn to believe in yourself.
Through our holistic program that includes individual and group counselling, art therapy, AA, yoga, fitness training, leisure/recreation, and proper nutrition, you will learn how to create a life worth living without gambling.
At Newgate 180 you will rediscover your values and renew your sense of worth. As you become increasingly well mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually, you will discover a renewed sense of meaning and purpose. We don’t just want you to heal – we want you to thrive.
Reasons to Choose Newgate 180 Addiction Rehab Centre
Newgate 180 is an industry-leading addiction treatment centre that welcomes clients from across Canada, the U.S., and even Europe and Australia. We don’t just treat your addiction; we help you improve mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. With a long, distinguished history of success, there are a lot of reasons to choose Newgate 180:
- We will stay by your side for a full year. Our 30-day residential program is followed by 11 months of ongoing care. Our ongoing care program is offered by Skype and telephone, so we can support you no matter where “home” may be for you.
- You can access our services immediately; in many cases we can admit a client within 24 hours.
- We offer a comprehensive, holistic approach to care.
- We offer both individual and group counselling sessions to our clients.
- We have extensive therapy and treatment options, including art therapy, meditation, yoga, fitness training, leisure/recreation, healthy eating coaching, acupuncture, reiki, and exposure to self-help groups.
- We offer a combination of gender-specific and co-ed programming and welcome both men and women into our program, and have two separate facilities.
- We offer both private (single occupancy) or semi-private (double occupancy) rooms.
- We believe that having both genders enriches many of the therapeutic groups. We also recognize that certain topics are most effectively dealt with in “men only” and “women only” groups.
- We work with families to help them understand addiction and offer guidance on how to support a loved one who is in recovery. We know that addiction affects the whole family and we want to help heal unhealthy dynamics, rebuild trust and ensure all parties have the support they need. We offer a unique family program consisting of weekly group sessions, educational events and support throughout the year.
- Our main facility is located on the river in the town of Merrickville. The natural beauty of the river, trees, and gardens creates a peaceful and inviting setting.
- Our men’s and women’s residences have a comfortable, welcoming, ‘non-institutional’ feel that for many make Newgate feel more like a home than a treatment centre.
Here for you 24/7.
Get help now.
"*" indicates required fields
Here for you 24/7.
Get help now.
"*" indicates required fields