POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: Addiction Counsellor
Location: Merrickville ON
Newgate 180 is seeking an Addiction Counsellor for Men’s Centre in a regular part-time position to work under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Conduct Client assessments and develop individualized treatment strategies
- Facilitate group counselling sessions
- Provide individual counselling to clients
- Maintain ongoing follow-up contact with clients
- Maintain daily client logs
- Prepare final reports and correspondence with employers and family members
- A related University degree or Community College Diploma in Social Work or Chemical Dependency Counselling
Preferred credentials for Addiction Counsellors are CACCF or ICADC certification.
3 year related work experience
- To provide individual and group counselling to people with alcohol and/or drug dependency problems
- To understand and implement individual addiction recovery plans
- To write reports and daily logs concerning the progress of the clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and closely with others
Shifts: 24 hrs/Week
Days / Evenings / Weekends
Salary $17.47 – $23.19 to be determined based on qualifications and certifications
Newgate 180 is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity to all applicants and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment process.
Applicants will be contacted only if interview granted.
Please forward your C.V. to:
Peter Kunst, Executive Director
435 Main Street East
Merrickville ON K0G 1N0
Tel: (613) 269-2672
Toll Free: 1-888-524-8333
Fax: (613) 269-2677
Email us today to get help for
yourself or someone you love!